If you can’t open iTunes when you click on it or if you can’t close it, then it could be a couple of things.
Here they are:
- You had your iPod plugged into your computer before you opened iTunes. If that’s the case, simply unplug your iPod from your computer, close iTunes (iTunes may close on its own after you unplug your iPod if it is open but not responding) and open it up again. This is what fixed my issue.
- If you do not have your iPod connected, here are the instructions:
- 1. Restart your computer (if iTunes is still open and you can’t close it), and drag iTunes from your Applications folder to the trash (make sure it is closed first).
- 2. Go to your Home folder (double-click on your hard drive (it’s named “Macintosh HD” if you did not rename it, and is located in the upper right corner of your screen (if you did not move it)) and click on your home directory on the left side; your home directory is usually named your name (or whatever username for the computer is) with an icon (picture) of a house next to it
- 3. In your Home folder, double-click on the Library folder, and then drag the iTunes folder into the trash.
- 4. Then, in the same window, click on Macintosh HD (or whatever you named your hard drive) so you see the contents of that folder on the right side
- 5. Double-click on the Library folder to open it, and then drag the iTunes folder to the trash (yes, you are dragging two iTunes folders to the trash)
- 6. Go go www.iTunes.com, download the latest version of iTunes, and install it.
- 7. Done!
I have not run into this problem on a PC, but if I did, I would just restart the computer (if I could not close iTunes and if disconnecting my iPod did not help), uninstall iTunes via START>CONTROL PANEL>ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, and then download and reinstall it. You can get it at www.iTunes.com.