Things to Do to Prevent Getting a Virus
Here are some simple things that you can do to avoid getting a virus on your computer:
1. Avoid going to the following type of websites:
b. Gambling/Online Casinos
c. Warez (pirated software or unauthorized keys to software)
2. Avoid opening email and email attachments from people that you don’t know
3. Take caution when downloading something onto your computer from a burned CD or DVD, including programs.
4. Avoid installing pirated software (software one normally pays for) with an unauthorized key (a key that was not purchased)
5. Avoid using Peer to Peer software programs like Limewire or Morpheus (you may think you’re downloading a legitimate file, but it may be a virus)
6. Avoid downloading and installing games and/or screensavers unless they are from very well known websites
These tips do not apply to Macs, as there are no known viruses that have been written for the Mac OS X operating system. Yes, viruses don’t just happen. They are written by not so nice people.